Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I Have This Crazy Dream

My dream is to open this company one day.  I want to, somehow, make a living out of doing what I love.  Right now I love training and physical activity and the lifestyle that it creates.  I wish I had the expertise to help other people find the motivation to get out there and face their fears and anxieties and self-imposed limitations.

I have a lot of work to do to make this happen.  I have a solid background in biology.  My B.S. is a double major in General Biology and Molecular & Cellular Biology.  I can figure out how the body works from the very micro standpoint.  I also know how to teach.  I am a certified high school biology teacher with a M.Ed. I can handle the teaching part and could quickly learn the biomechanical stuff involved.  My greatest weakness is lack of experience.

What would the company do?  I don't see it as a storefront business.  Maybe in the long run it could become that but it isn't what I envision.  I see myself (and a partner) offering personal training services, nutrition advice, and organizing group workouts to help people meet their individual goals.  These goals could be anything from running a 5k up to the sky is the limit.  This is where the lack of experience plagues me.  I have plenty of personal growth to do before I feel capable of guiding anyone else.

I think I would like to take a sports nutrition course to get some solid knowledge under my belt.  I can see myself working more on that end of the business in helping people to learn how to eat.  Okay, this is somewhat funny to type just because of my personal struggles.  Classic "do as I say, not as I do."  I also need to keep training and experiences endurance activities.  I am doing this.  I am scheduled to complete more sprint tris and my first olympic distance tri by beginning of Fall.  I am also hoping to do a couple of half marathons over the winter.  If I am able, I would also like to take a stab at El Tour de Tucson, although the distance it TBD.

I just want to find a way to make a living doing what I love.  I dread the idea of going back into the classroom full time.  I actually makes me feel sick to my stomach.  I am envious of people who are excited about working.

In other news,  I am sick again.  I can't catch a break.  This time it is a stomach bug.  The last 24 hours have been miserable.  Hopefully, I will be up and at'm again tomorrow.  I have big plans.

“Goals that are not written down are just wishes.” unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment