Monday, September 27, 2010

Two Weeks and Counting...

Yep, two weeks from today my first triathlon will be history. I have moments of panic but for the most part what I am about to do hasn't fully hit me. I am trained and I believe I am ready. The logistics are still a nagging mystery to me but I am confident that with enough training it will all fall into place.

It is rather amusing to me that I have managed to make some friends while training. I am not the most social person. Meeting new people and making connections does not come naturally to me. I am more of a stand on the sidelines and watch the action kind of girl. Since I've managed to meet many other women doing the race, my anxiety level seems to be quelled. I don't feel like I'm the only one out there and I know that I will have friends to talk to before, during and after my race. That is gratifying and calming.

Everything really is falling into place. My swim times are consist although I need to time myself at the 800y one more time (at least). My run is in the best form it has been since 2002. I'm consistently running at least 4 miles, maxing out at 7 but feeling confident at 5+. My bike is my only weak spot right now. I haven't been on it much since I've gone back to work. This week it is my emphasis. Last week I was fortunate enough to get it in for a tune up and even got some new tires. It feels much, much faster. Not sure how that is going to translate at the race but I definitely feel better out there. Also, my clips have become a minimal issue. I still get that nagging doubt in the back of my mind but have been consistently been able to unclip when necessary.

Life is good. I'm feeling great. I just can't wait to get this race behind me and move on to bigger and better.

Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. ~Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back

No comments:

Post a Comment