Monday, April 23, 2012

It's the Food, Stupid.

I am currently in the midst of an eating problem.  I can't seem to stop myself.  I came down with a respiratory virus a couple of weeks ago and my diet/eating habits have been downhill ever since.

My new training plan started out awesome and then on day three I couldn't even imagine working out.  My throat was killing me and the congestion and general yuckiness had set in.  That all happened on a Wednesday. On Saturday I attempted to spin for an hour and then run for 30 minutes.  The spin started out badly but endorphins soon took over and the run was great.  I paid the price on Sunday and I felt terrible.  Basically it took me another full week to get back to normal and I am still dealing with some congestion and lack of endurance.  It is always the unplanned stuff that derails our best efforts.  Feeling yucky meant that food became a comfort.  I ate too much.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reign in my eating.  I am consistently eating way to too much and not picking fruits and veggies to fill me.  I made the mistake of buying tequila and margarita mix.  Apparently, margaritas are my new downfall.  I can't change the past.  I will just have to try to make better choices tomorrow.

I was so proud of myself for taking the focus off of training and onto eating healthier.  I was doing great.  Now, I seem to have fallen back to the trap of fueling my workouts and in turn overeating.  Problem noted:  time to move on.

Only two months until my San Diego trip. I am excited and not the least bit nervous at this point.  Luckily, the sprint distance isn't an overwhelming challenge.  We'll see how a feel about wading out into the ocean as the time approaches.  For now I am focusing on the fun of traveling for a weekend and getting to see and participate in a bigger race.

This is a short post but I am hoping it will help me to focus.  I need to remember food is for nutrition and adequate energy not to feed my boredom, or my training.


"If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results." Jack Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment