Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Feeling Good

I had a great run this morning. I did 5 miles under overcast skies with a cool breeze. I had a minor calf issue but not enough to stop me. I think that one warmed up legs I could definitely finish 3 miles.



My swimming is going fantastic. I love, love, love swimming. I wish I had taken it up as a kid. I tested myself and finished 300 yards in 5 minutes. I'm sure that is fairly average but considering I have only been serious in the the pool for a few months and was barely a novice to begin with, I am impressed with myself. I'm taking a Tri Swimming course at the local community college. I am looking forward to improving my technique and all the time in the pool but am going to have to face my demons when it comes to having my stroke vidoetaped and figuring out flip turns.

Cycling is another story all together. I am bound and determined to figure out how to clip and unclip my fancy shoes and pedals. My first two attempts, in early June, were disastrous. I was out of commission for weeks from fall injuries. I finally did some research and discovered the my clips could be loosened and I could use a lubricant to make the parts come apart easier. I have tried a couple of times with the bike stationary but this weekend I plan to attempt movement again. Yet another demon that I must face down.


"To succeed you must first improve, to improve you must first practice, to practice you must first learn, and to learn you must first fail." -Wesley Woo

No comments:

Post a Comment